First Post in 2018!
Hope you all had a good start!
Besides some new miniatures for inq28 (will follow soon) there is a rather big project on
my table now.
GW's new Great Unclean One has arrived here yesterday and I started to cut away at it!
Behind the idea to convert that not so little bugger is Helge Wilhelm Dahl, who decided to invite to a competition involving this very miniature or a Great Unclean one in general (not sure if miniature is appropriate for this greater Deamon sculpt)...
More on the competition cou can find at https://wilhelminiatures.blogspot.de/
Now a few ideas to my approach on this model and some early WIP pics
- change the pose of the model, in particular the sword-holding arm,...either putting the sword on the ground before him, or resting it on his shoulder
- use Death Guard and Nurgle bits to make him unique and give him a more 40k feel
- use as much Nurglings as possible, crawling underneath,besides and on top of him, or even clambering out of his infested wounds
- make him really ugly and loathsome with lots of additional horns, tentacles and use of texture paints
- capture the dark, rotten, ugly and sinister joyfull feeling of Papa Nurgle
Sword and dagger might not be a playable equipment (haven't the rules inhand yet) but for me the best looking,..perhaps he will get his flail carried by a host of Nurglings
All assortet bits and special lone Nurglings I could find,... he will get some kind of armour
Why not use all the parts of the kit to make him more nasty...